I treat people with various psychological disorders at my practice: primarily depression, anxiety and stress-related pathologies. My services are based on behavioral therapy, and I apply other helpful elements from various therapy approaches depending on the case and specific disorder, such as depth psychology, schema therapy or systemic therapy.
In addition, I specialize in three areas at my practice. The first area is psychoneuroendocinology and psychotherapy, (treatment of psychological symptoms caused in part by hormonal changes). Depression during menopause or andropause would be classic examples of this.
Another of my specialties is couples therapy and sex therapy. When you have what seem to be insurmountable problems in your relationship, you can have me counsel you to help you find each other again and live happily together again.
I also counsel people who suffer from hormone-induced cancer and are looking for psychological support (psycho-oncology) during this difficult time, such as people with breast cancer, ovarian cancer or prostate cancer.
You will see from my website that thanks to my international research activities I can offer clients my expertise in psychoneuroendocrinology, which in many countries doesn’t yet have certification, licensing and health insurance reimbursement structures, including in Germany, for example. This field is still in its infancy in Germany. I was actually the first scientist who studied psychoneuroendocinology as a medical field at Heidelberg University. My international and national colleagues and I have been working for years on entrenching this essentially important field in our healthcare system. You can find out more about my international scientific activities in the Research section of this website. Correspondingly, I am in private practice here in Germany, where I treat German and international self-paying patients without restrictions in my field. In my private practice I can apply the latest internationally-researched psychoendocrinology knowledge and treatment methods.
Psychoendocrinology and Psychotherapy
- For burnout, derailment of the stress hormone axis, including interaction with the sex hormones
- Depression during menopause (premenopause, perimenopause and postmenopause)
- Depression during andropause/“male menopause”
- Premenstrual syndrome (PMS)/premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD)
- Psychological counseling during pregnancy
- Psychological counseling during hormone treatment for infertility
- Postpartum depression (PPD)
- Late pregnancy during premenopause
- When starting or stopping the birth control pill
- Mood disorders when taking the pill thereafter
- Counseling after miscarriage, abortion and stillbirth
- Counseling for hormone-induced cancer, e.g. in the mammary glands, ovaries and prostate
Couples Therapy and Sexual Medicine
- Attachment disorders
- Sexual disorders, e.g. anorgasmia
- Couples conflict – here I mostly use Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT) and systemic therapy
- Counseling for problems due to recurrent infections
- Sexuality during and after menopause/andropause
- Couples therapy during physical disorders of one or both partners